Officers for the 2021 DuBois Community Days are:
Robert G Wachob, Executive Co-Chairman, Volunteer Hose Co. #1
Jeffery Baronick, Community Days Co-Chairman, Volunteer Hose Co. #1
Herman Suplizio, Financial Co-Chairman, Friendship Hose Co. #2
Scott Farrell, Logistics Co-Chairman, J.E. DuBois Hose Co. #3
Andrew Werner, Security Co-Chairman, Volunteer Hose Co.#1
DuBois Community Days provides for and organizes a multi-day community celebration for the residents of the City of DuBois and all surrounding areas with attractions and entertainment at no to little cost. This celebration can be used as a fund raiser for other non-profit organizations within the City of DuBois and surrounding areas but is not the primary fund raiser for DuBois Community Days, Inc. The celebrations purpose it to promote the community and what it offers to area residents and to attract people from outside the area for tourism. Funds raised by the corporation will be expended to support this community activity.
The specific objectives and purpose of this organization shall be:
· to provide free entertainment for all attendees, entertainment not available in other forums or not available to lower income residents.
· to provide free or very low cost attractions for all child attendees, attractions not available in other forums or not available to lower income residents.
· to provide opportunities for participants to engage in free or low cost recreational and competitive events.
· to provide a forum for area non-profit organizations to participate in the event and to use the event for fund raising activities through food booths or activity booths.
· to present a community firemen’s parade for the City of DuBois Fire Department and other regional fire departments for the free entertainment of all area residents.
· to provide a forum, after providing an advertising fee, for local business to promote their business, services or products to the public.
· to provide a forum for community members to come together and reinforce and create community ties for the betterment of the entire regional area.
· to raise funds through various activities and advertising opportunities throughout the year to provide the community events at no or little cost to attendees. DuBois Community Days, Inc. exists for the purpose of funding the event, not exclusively using the event to fund the organization.
For more than 125 years, the DuBois Volunteer Fire Department has honorably served the City of DuBois, Pennsylvania. The Department is one of only two volunteer Fire Departments in the nation with this rating and, to this day, the only Fire Department — career or volunteer – holding a PPC rating of one in the State of Pennsylvania. Learn how to become a Volunteer
The DuBois Volunteer Fire Department Community Days & Parade Committee would like to thank the following organizations:
• The City Public Works Department & City Police Department for their assistance with Community Days in the Park.
• DuBois Area Honor Guard for carrying the colors through the parade and supporting veterans families in their time of loss.
• The DuBois Area High School Band for taking the time out of their summer to support the Community.
• Advanced Disposal, Inc. for garbage collection services and trash receptacles during Community Days.
• DuBois City Council members all their support employees.
Want to be a part of something awesome?